What is SaaS?
Software as-a-Service (SaaS) describes a category of cloud computing where a third-party providers hosts and delivers software applications over the internet. In this model SaaS users subscribe to the software rather than purchase it, eliminating the need to install and maintain software and/or hardware. Users cut down on expenses from hardware acquisition, provisioning, maintenance, software licensing, installation and support. SaaS is considered one of the three main categories of cloud computing in addition to Infrastructure as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform as-a-Service (PaaS).
Some additional benefits of a PaaS Solutions include:
- Access: Data can be accessed via any internet enabled device including smartphones, tablets and multiple computers. It becomes easier to monitor data use, manage privileges and make sure everyone is seeing the same information in real time.
- Customization: Applications are easily customizable to fit the user’s business needs. Providers are able to make upgrades without putting the customer at risk.
- Scalability: The user has access to more or less services and features on-demand without needing to install new software or hardware.
- Multitenant Architecture: A common infrastructure is centrally maintained, allowing providers to quickly update and save deployment times of the common infrastructure shared by users and applications.
- Automatic Updates: No new software is required, allowing for updates and patch management to be deployed automatically by the third-party cloud provider.
- No Hardware or Setup Costs: Power is supplied by the third-party cloud provider and the applications are ready for use once the user subscribes to the service.
- Payments: The user utilizes a pay-as-you-go model allowing for predictable IT budgeting and the freedom to cancel services at any time.
To learn more about as-a-Service offerings, visit KeyCloud’s Cloud Services